Friday, August 29, 2008

Why Sarah Palin is the best pick

Several years ago, out of complete frustration, I held a press conference announcing I was "forming an exploratory committee" to challenge Senator Daschle and ran some advertisements questioning his double talk.  After the Thune election, I stayed on the periphery of politics in order to concentrate on my business.

Over the last 4 years, I have been discouraged by Republicans. Frankly, I felt like the levies in New Orleans were more effective at preventing flooding than Republicans were at preventing the flood of spending programs in Washington.  

But I want you to know, over the course of this campaign, I have become reenergized, not necessarily by Senator McCain, but by the same Daschle double talk of Barrack Obama.  

Today, Sarah Palin, who has a story I admire, made a believer out of me again.  I know the experience factor is very important, but I want you to consider something.  Americans love an underdog.  They love movies like 'Rudy' and 'Remember the Titans.'  I was routing for Sarah to do well today.   America is going to want to route for her as an underdog.  They want her to succeed.  I think she will.  

Sarah and Todd are the All American family.  As Sarah will prove herself over the next two months, I think Todd is the secret weapon.  He is an All American guy who clearly looks more comfortable on a fishing boat, with a shotgun, or on an oil rig, than he does with all the plastic politicians with their slicked back hair and London Row suits.  This is a huge advantage for John McCain.  Barrack and Michelle may have a truly American story, but it is Todd and Sarah who will be elected Homecoming King and Queen.  

This is the story of this election.  I hope you agree. 

No comments: