Thursday, August 28, 2008

Obama Promises Change...Let us pray

While President Kennedy inspired a nation when he said, "ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country," Barrack Obama asks, "what is in your wallet?  I am your brothers keeper."

Oh my.  Pardon me while I say a little prayer.

Please, Lord, tell me the people of this country don't buy into these promises that will further bankrupt our country.  Please tell me that people will not fall for promises that sound so good but have no chance of coming true.  And Lord, please help Barrack sleep at night as he knowingly gives false hope to millions of Americans just to get elected. 

With all of these promises and Barrack proposes to still cut the taxes of 95% of the working families.  I'm single and I don't think I am included in this group.  Are you?

So lets recap the promises (and pandering), let's remember, in the words of Barrack Obama, "I am my brothers keeper. That is the change we need right now." 

Provide every child a world class education. 

Invest in early child education

Recruit an army of new teachers

Pay them higher salaries

if you serve your community or your country, provide affordable college education for all

affordable health care for every single American

if you have health care, my plan will lower your premium

If you don't, you will have the same health care as members of Congress

Government will fight insurance companies to help sick people in time of need

Help families with paid sick days and better family leave

Protect Social Security for future generations

Energy...I have been worried about the amount of money to study alternative energy.  The starting point of his program is $150 billion over 10 years.  

and we are going to invade Pakistan to hunt down Osama bin Laden.

Hold on to your hat's people, we are going for a wild ride.  I think Barrack Obama is going to win this election.  Even though he doesn't have any experience, I can't remember a time in my life that is more set up for a Democrat title wave election. 

Once elected, Democrats will misinterpret the mood of the country as a time to grow the size of government and start talking to terrorist and dictators around the world.  

A President Barrack Obama will make every Democrat in a red state vulnerable in 2010 because Democrats just can't help themselves.  He is going to tax themselves into the minority in two short years because as much as people want to hear the grand promises, they don't like to see the higher taxes that result from all of these promises.

Barrack, you may be my brothers keeper, but I don't think that role was outlined in the Federal Government in the United States Constitution.  I think you were reading that in the Communist Manifesto.

Barrack, in Berlin you proclaimed that you were a fellow citizen of the world.   Today, you want to be your brothers keeper and proposed to help them with all of their problems.  

Why should only Americans have all that you promise?  Why would you stop at our nations border and provide health care and job security just for Americans?  In your faith (and your guilt), you must also want to take care of all of the people of the world and provide them with a better standard of living, guaranteed health care, and a better way of life.  After all, they are our brothers too...

No comments: