Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bringing Reason, Logic and Common Sense to Government

I often think about running for Congress and I wonder what slogan I would want to summarize why I am running. Some people think you run on smaller government, lower taxes and eventually a slogan appears--such as, "It's time" was for John Thune's run against Tom Daschle.

But a slogan can help build momentum as well, and I have now come up with a slogan for my upcoming run for the US Congress.

"Bringing Reason, Logic and Common Sense back to Government"

What inspired me is watching this video by John Stossel regarding Anne Rayndes book Atlas Shrugged. He interviewed a bank president who ran his bank with the principles of self reliance and "selfishness." that is espoused in the book.


Now think about some of the businesses in South Dakota and see if they match the classic definition of a "win-win" and "lose-lose" scenarios involving businesses and customers. There are numerous businesses in South Dakota who don't subscribe to these scenarios. They really believe that if the customers lose, the businesses will win. I will name names at another time.



No comments: