Saturday, September 27, 2008

Coming soon-The Final Analysis

Over the last month, I have put together the timeline of events that led to the current financial crisis. I feel confident, I have an understanding of the mess we are in.  More importantly, I think the evidence is clear who is responsible. Finally, I have reached the conclusion people should go to jail. I will put together a final analysis and will try to disperse it to as many media outlets as possible.  Here is the outline of the problem.

I. Overview of the current financial crisis
A. Real Estate Values-Rapid Appreciation and Depreciation
B. Liquidity Crisis in the Financial Markets
C. Government Intervention
II. The Creation of the Housing Bubble 
A. Community Reinvestment Act
B. Government Sponsored Entities
1. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
a. mission
b. growth
c. failure
C. The Players
1. Banks
2. Borrowers
3. Government Regulators
4. Wall Street
5. Federal Reserve
6. United States Congress
7. Office of the President
D. The Financial Instruments
1. Mortgages
2. Collateralized Debt Obligations
3. Mortgage Backed Securities
4. Credit Default Swaps
5. Commercial Paper
E. Assigning Blame
1. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
2. Democrat Party 
3. Wall Street Greed
4. Contagion of World Banking System
F. Criminal Activities
G. Government Bailout
H. Effect on Economy
I. Where to Go From Here

No comments: